With all this 'green-stuff' flying around I need a new colour to 'figure-out', not to mention a change of service 😉
Before I start on the figure I'd like to say a few words about planning in general.
Wether you have a large dio or a single figure as here, I find that it's vital to research the matter to exhaustion beforehand. By exhaustion I mean to the point where you can find no more info about the uniforms/incident, it's only then that you can start work with a clear conscience. If you don't take on this work you may well find yourself caught up in new facts during your build, and then it becomes all 'umming and ahhing' and chopping and changing.
Mentioning chopping and changing ...
This Airfix job is 54mm high and as I'm aiming for a rather stocky figure, I've reduced him to 52mm.
Right then, time to put a bit of meat on him ...
I've built the figure up ...
... and given it a grey spray which helps to identify problem zones:
I'm not too happy with the breeches and neck areas at the moment so I think I'd better get them right first before the 'finery' work.
T'was kindly pointed out to me that the head was turned too far to the left. This coupled with the fact that it was also too high for a squat figure made me reconsider and readjust.
The rear right collar could be reduced a bit and some more 'beef' added to the legs, but for now this is what my 'brick outhouse' looks like.
Before and after from above: